Alicante, which is also known as the “City of Light,” is famous among travelers because of its extraordinary avenue, shopping streets, palm tress, weather, festivals, beaches, plazas, park, and many other attractive locations.
The city is loved by tourists worldwide because here they can enjoy their life to the fullest. They can do fun, swim, explore history of Spain, taste finger licking Spanish food, enjoy night life, etc. While there are lots to enjoy in the city, here, we tell you something informative about Alicante Beaches, festivals, and attractions.
Attractions: There are many attractive locations in the city that travelers can explore with full safety and fun. However, to explore these attractions, they need at least 10 days. Listed below are the major attractions of the city:
- The Castle of Santa Barbara: Situated in the center of Alicante city, it is considered the largest fortresses. From here travelers can take a fantabulous view of the city.
- The Castillo de San Fernando: Having some nice look, this was built on Tossal hill. And it is also considered as the complement of the Castle of Santa Barbara.
- St Mary’s Church: The one who visit the city must like to enter into the Church. The Church was built in gothic style during Moorish livelihood.
- The Alicante marina: It is a building with luxury where tourists can feel the life. Here, they can also do shopping, enjoy Spanish food, and experience nautical adventures.
Apart form these, other attractions are Ayuntamiento (Town hall), The Co-Cathedral of San Nicolas, Alicante Theatre, Canalejas Park, Mount Tossal Theme Park, Terra Natura Park, Mundomar Marine Park, and ISLAND OF TABARCA.
Beaches: The city is known for its stunning beaches where tourists can have a nice view of sunrise and sunset while enjoying the beauty of sea waves. Famous beaches in the city are:
- San Juan Beach: The beach is stretched up to 7 KM with a width of 85 meter. It is the busiest beach in the city, especially in summer, tourists love to visit the beach to have sun bath. This is not only the busiest beach, but the peaceful beach. Here, you are provided all facilities, such as clean toilets, tourist informers, safety guards, Spanish food, and equipments for sports, etc.
- Saladares – Urbanova Beach: It is the largest beach in the city, which is stretched to 16000 meters. Though, it is the largest beach, its width is less. It is only 50 meters wide. Packed with many services this can be considered as a good place to have fun.
Like these there are many other attractive beaches in the city. Some of those beaches are Explanada d’Espanya, Isla de Tabarca, Albufereta Beach, Almadraba Beach, The coves of Cabo de las Huertas, Postiguet Beach, and Playa del Cocó.
Festivals: Seasonal festivals and regional events are enough to attract travelers. During festivals parties are arranged with all facilities like dance, drink, and Spanish food. Parades and fiestas that are too colorful and enjoyable also attract tourists here in the city. Some of the famous festivals and events are Ano Neuvo, Porrat de San Antón, Dia de San Josė, Cruces de Mayo, Saint John’s Bonfires, Virgen del Carmen, Festival de Verano de Alicante, Virgen del Socorro, and many more
Looking for an airport transfer?
Please visit us at Benidorm Taxi Airport Transfers
Book here for your airport transfer